Thursday, February 9, 2012

On The Road


The past week and a half (or so) has been rather hectic as we went to Oregon to help Jared and his family move to their new digs in Farmington. We flew out of St. George, which was nice because Danny didn't have to drive us all the way to Vegas.


Looking out of the right side of the jet I spotted the Three Sisters mountains off to the north.  When we went to Oregon this past summer we drove around them to the north toward the end of a long, long day of driving.  There's something to be said for air travel!


The trailer was all packed and ready to go by the time we got there.  The truck came Tuesday, hitched up, and was off to Farmington via Portland.


Blow-up beds, suitcases, and a few cleaning supplies were all that was left.

Peggy and Stella taking a break from cleaning chores.


Jared got home from his last day on the job in Roseburg at about 4 pm and we were off before 5!


Grace came down with the 24-hr flu bug Monday night and spent all day Tuesday lying on her blankie while everyone cleaned up all around her.


A last picture before hitting the road.


By leaving Oregon close to sunset we traveled in the dark through what must be some pretty neat scenery (judging by the ups and downs the freeway took) and saved the endless San Fernando valley for all of Wednesday.
We took I-5 all the way to Bakersfield and then cut across to Barstow before stopping for the night.


Edwards is where I spent much of the first four years of my life and our home when Gilbert and Elizabeth were born.  They were actually born in nearby Lancanster and Mohave, respectively.


Coming down from Halloran Springs we collided with a tumbleweed and carried it all the way to the rest stop.  I thought it made a nice hood ornament, but Gracie thought it best to remove it.
After a short interlude in Kanab, Jared and Adrianne and the girls went on to Farmington.  Peggy and Andy drove their other car over on Monday and helped finish unloading the trailer and start cleaning the house.


I left Kanab after work on Tuesday and caught this sunset just east of Page.  I wish I would've had the big camera with me.


The end result of all this is this nice little home in Farmington.  Grace is in school (and was happy with her class at last report), Jared is working, Adrianne is setting up another house to be a home, and Stella is 3 (and precious).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen many a tumbleweed along that stretch of Highway. I have never stopped at the rest stop though..

Andy said...

Thanks for the pics. That is a way cool picture of the sunset. And that last photo looks so much like a St. George neighborhood though I know it's colder in Farmington. I actually looked at jobs at a (the?) hospital there thinking a move might be nice, but alas, no openings for CT.