Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


This year for Thanksgiving we went to Mom and Dad's as a lot of my family was going to be there.  Peggy cooked the turkey and ham and Sarah and Scott did the mashed potatoes.  The potato peeling assembly line is in high gear here.


Getting every thing ready.
I dropped the ball on getting a picture with everyone in it.


After dinner the kids went outside to play.  Heaton kept himself busy picking up sticks and rocks.  Sarah he does that.  Maybe he'll be a collector or builder!


The girls enjoying the unseasonably warm weather.

Thanksgiving, Part 2


When the boys and I were out hunting this fall, we ran onto this patch of exposed, wavy sandstone out on the sands.  At the time I though it would be a perfect place to have a picnic someday.  There's some ponderosas at the base where you could have a nice little place to cook hot dogs and sit and relax and watch the kids clamber all around the rocks.  But, like Shangri-La and Brigadoon I couldn't find it again when we went to find it!  But like the song by the Moody Blues says:  "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" and I'll find it again someday!


So we ended going up the road a bit to where the dunes start to get close to the side of the road and pulled off to the side and got a fire going to cook some hot dogs and let the kids play in the sand.




It was certainly good to see everybody again for awhile and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday together.  We missed those who weren't able to make it this year but know if they even have a little bit of red sand between their toes they weren't far in spirit!

Thanksgiving, Part 3


It's usually a family tradition to make a visit to the rifle range if we have time and the stars (weather) are in alignment.  This trip was a special occasion as Sarah wanted to try out her Christmas present (it came early!).  She's holding her (and Scott's!) brand-new Ruger 10/22.  She and Scott are taking hunter safety and she needed to get a little practice in.  As you can see we are all eager to help her out.

No comments: