Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Candy

Saturday evening was spent at Mom's cooking up our annual batch of Christmas candy. We did peanut brittle and toffee. Sarah, Scott, and Lawson were here for Thanksgiving and stayed for the weekend.
Here's the first batch of peanut brittle. Dad's whacking the tray trying to get it to pop off.
Lawson kept everyone entertained as he went from broom to the magnets on the fridge to running down the hall to climbing on the chairs, to asking great-grandma for another cookie, to ..., well, you get the idea!
Watching a pot boil. Need to keep a close eye on that thermometer.

Spreading out the brittle. I think we made 8 trays worth. It all kind of blurs together after a while. We also whipped out fifty little pans of toffee.
Just thought I'd throw this picture in. That's the moon, Mars, and Jupiter.

1 comment:

Sarah Greener said...

That was fun, I am glad that we were able to go and make christmas candy. We had a great thanksgiving with you guys too. I am glad that lawson and i could stay longer too! we cant wait till christmas. I am counting down the days! We love and miss you all.