Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Scenes

Here's Frosty on the top of the house announcing to one and all that the holiday spirit has arrived at the Schmutz's. He hasn't blown over yet this year, although his hat needed a little straightening one day. Last year he blew over, but this year he has been secured with four huge lead weights.


Rudolph adds his red glow to the decorations. I don't know how long we've had this little feller. I think Peg picked him up at the Heritage House when they used to do their Christmas thing. It snowed all day yesterday and most of the night. It wasn't a heavy wet snow, more powdery and light. Still, it adds up.

Kind of washed out Dan's face with the flash, but I think the falling snow looks kinda cool.




We bought the 4-wheelers the year Jared came home from his mission. I got a plow at the same time. I think I've used it maybe half a dozen times to push snow. It usually just doesn't snow enough or last long enough to make it worth the trouble of putting it on. It came in handy this morning, tho.


An example of Peg's Christmas spirit. I don't think Martha Stewart can hold a candle to her (pun intended)! I'll post some more pictures of the inside of the house later. She really does a fantastic job. A lot of work, but fantastic.


"...Soon it will be Christmas Day."


No comments: