
So a guy comes into the office today with a tiny diamond in a glass vial. "Hey, doc! Can you stick this diamond in my tooth?" After making sure he was serious (he was), I checked the tooth out. It was the anterior abutment of a porcelain bridge. The bridge was sound with minimal wear and no leaking margins. I asked if there was another tooth we could pick, as bonding to porcelain is notoriously unpredicatble. Nope, he wanted #6. I said there are no guarantees. He said that's alright. I left him alone to think about it, and then went over it again.
The end result is shown above. There is still a little Metabond to be cleaned up, but now he's got the smile he wants. I should mention that I've known the guy for years so while the request was surprising, I knew him well enough that I felt ok going ahead and doing the procedure.
The funny thing is that when I recommend a gold crown for an upper first molar, he wanted white because he thought the gold was a little too showy!
1 comment:
a little bling bling never hurt anybody........
Jared
Post a Comment