(left to right: Jared Schmutz, Rod Willis, Chris Andrus, Brandon Bartlett, Patrick Carroll)Those of you that have followed our blog at all know that our family has been heavily involved in Scouting. While I won't deny that not everyone benefits from their scouting experience, I believe that the vast majority come away better boys and better men for participating. I came across this picture the other day taken over 15 years ago when Jared and four of his friends (all from Troop 363) received their Eagle rank advancement. Jared's good friend Dustin Taylor was already an Eagle and can be seen sitting in the Eagle's Nest. Curt Hawkins and Royce Gillespie were the Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster and we held the Court of Honor in the gym of the elementary school. I can't recall offhand who was on the program or who gave them the Eagle Charge but I probably have a note of it somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment