For Fabulous prize* name the two individuals posing proudly with their BB guns.
For the Bonus prize** name the location.
And, for the Extra Special Super Duper Bonus prize*** give me the caliber of a BB.
There are no prizes associated with this photo, but it does bring back a lot of memories. I'll comment on it a little bit after the quiz has ended.
*Fabulous prize will be a dozen or so little blue plastic dappen dishes. Don't ask me where I come up with the ideas for prizes. All I can say it's like a little miracle!
**Bonus prize: A yellow retainer box. (Another bit of inspiration! Wonder where it comes from?)
***E.S.S.D.B. prize: A spent .50 caliber machine gun FMJ bullet. (I found it at the rifle range one day.)
OK, that's it.
Gilbert walked away with the two first prizes and Andy nailed the caliber of a BB. Prizes will be sent ASAP (like, whenever I get around to it).
As I stated in the post, these photos brought back a lot of old memories. Lindsay and I were born one day apart and often had our birthday parties together. The second photo shows us in front of the Meeks' house ready to leave for a bike ride out to Moccasin. We rode out on the old road (I don't remember if the current road between Fredonia and Pipe was finished then, or not). I do remember that from Pipe to Moccasin we rode on the old dirt road. Spiffy hats, no?
5 comments:
Here it goes...John and Lindsay Meeks.
Toroweep.
Gee, I didn't know that BB's had a caliber size.
That does bring up some memories of long ago. John and Lindsay Meeks. Can't say the area or the caliber.
I'll go with Gilbert on this one.
I guess you have to go with Tuweep, since that is the most logical spot given the background. John looks like he's got a jug of moonshine... And I also agree about Lindsey. It does bring back memories. I don't know why, but I always looked forward going to Vard and Lavina Meeks on Christmas morning.
I cheated on the caliber of bb's and googled it. I'd guess it's all fairly standard so I say .177
Spiffy bikes too. Oh, for the good ole days, can you imagine kids now being able to bike that far without worrying about "stranger danger"?
Post a Comment