Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away.....

We've had a steady, soft rain over southern Utah (well, all the West, actually) for the past three or four days. The ground is saturated and we're beginning to see runoff. Here's a couple of clips showing the water going over the dam. I don't think I've ever seen this much water coming down Kanab Creek. The north crossing to the Ranchos is closed and they're only letting one vehicle at a time go over the south crossing. The people in Cedar Heights have been advised to be prepared in case their crossing gets wiped out.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So much water everywhere! I just saw Steve's post on the flooding in Washington Co.

Andy and Andrea said...

Out our front door you can hear and see the Santa Clara river. Well, tonight you can't see it but your can hear and smell it(that muddy flash flood type.)

A 100 yr. flood again 5 years after 2005. They are saying it's had more total water than 2005.

Andy and Andrea said...

Correction: "its had..."

Rachel said...

Incredible! I wonder what it will look like after all the water has slowed down!