Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our Luck


When we remodeled several years ago we put in a glass cooktop.  Peggy was tired of cleaning around the elements of a conventional stovetop and the black glass looked sleek and easy to clean.  And it was.  Then one day a heavy glass fell from the cupboard and in trying to catch it I deflected it over onto the cooktop and shattered both the glass and the cooktop. (NOT the above picture.  I'll get to that later.)  So we did some internet research and decided to go with an induction cooktop, a little pricier, but supposed to heat things up much quicker.

And it did.  At least until just after the warranty expired and it started doing strange things like refusing to turn on, blinking lights, and chirping sporadically.  We could reset it one in awhile by flipping the breaker off and back on, but even that failed to work.  So we did some more internet research, selected a highly rated cooktop (NOT induction) and ordered. it.  When it came, I took the old cooktop out of the counter, cleaned everything up, and opened the box and there it was, a cracked corner (see photo above).  Bummer.  I called the company and they were really good about picking it up and sending us a new one.*

*Sidetrail:  The downside was it took almost three weeks!

Got the new one yesterday, opened it up today, and.....



...yep, the metal trim at the front edge was mangled. 

Like I said, our luck!

No comments: