I'm not ashamed to admit it. Disneyland is one of our favorite places. Yes, it costs a lot, yes, it's commercial as all get-out, yes, it can be crowded, yes, your feet get tired hauling you from one place to another, and yes, you get to wait in lines everywhere, but, dang it, it's just a good time!
As a sidetrail, my very first post on this blog had a mention about Disneyland.
Peg and the boys on a tea cup ride. Not one of my favorite rides as I don't handle the spinning very well.
Cass and Peggy on Dumbo. This one I can handle because it's fairly short.
Matt and Cassie trying on hats at the Mad Hatter shop.
I think that Scott wears his much better!
As I mentioned earlier, lines are just a fact of life at Disneyland. The best way to ease the pain is to go on a off-day, but I don't think there are many of those at Disneyland anymore.
The scenery leading up to the new Cars ride at Disneyland is fantastic. The lines here were truly horrific. We hit it early on the second day and still had to wait quite some time. The fast passes were usually gone by early afternoon!
But it is a great ride! Just look at everyone's satisfied expressions!
Lawson was wishing he was elsewhere right about here. The first part is kind of nice and relaxing and then it turns into a race with another car.
Waiting for the parade.
Still waiting.
Iconic picture of Disneyland.
The Greeners on the carousel.
Matt thought he would sit this one out!
Lawson is not too sure about Splash Mountain. But he did it anyway and survived to to it again!
A few screenshots from our rides.
Yo-ho, Yo-ho, it's a pirate life for me! (With a little Indiana Jones thrown it!)
Tom Sawyer's Island is now the Pirate's Lair.
Lawson found the treasure at the end of the island!
No trip to Disneyland would be complete without a Jungle Cruise. The corny jokes the boatmen tell are worth the price of admission
I remember being impressed with the Grand Canyon Diorama along the train route when I was a kid and I still like to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment