Monday, May 13, 2013

Well, This Is Different!

No picture to go with this one, but Peggy got a call from Bob Johnson, our stake president, this afternoon.  He asked if Danny had received an email about his mission call recently.  Peg said not that she knew of.  Pres. Johnson then told her he received an email from the church switching Danny's MTC from Provo to Mexico City, Mexico!  He is still going to the Alabama Birmingham Mission, but he'll learn his Spanish in Mexico before coming back to the States.  Pres. Johnson wasn't sure why, but he suspects the number of new missionaries is so overwhelming the facilities in Provo, that maybe some of the missionaries called to Spanish-speaking missions in the US need to go to Mexico to learn the language to take some of the pressure off the Provo MTC.  Anyway, the reason for the call was to make sure Danny gets on the ball and gets a passport ASAP!

Wait a minute, maybe there IS a picture to go with this post...


6 comments:

Andy said...

The new Mexico MTC was in one of my areas while I was on my mission. It was considered a top rate school and many government officials sent their kids there. I felt kind of sad (as I'm sure many members did) when the church announced the school would be coverted to a missionary training center. The school is actually just outside the Federal District, but it's basically all one big city anyway.

BTW, Andrea's brother just got transferred to Mexico City with the FBI.

Sam said...

Now Danny can say that he is going on a foreign mission. Congrats on the mission call Danny!

John and Peggy said...

Well, we had already convinced him the South was a foreign country. This is just a bonus!

John and Peggy said...

By the way, thanks for dropping by Sam. Hope you and your family are doing well. I can't believe how old your kids are getting. It won't be that long before you'll be sending them off on mission! Really, it will surprise you how it comes. Enjoy 'em while you got 'em

John and Peggy said...

Andy, almost the first thing I thought of when I heard of his MTC Assignment change was that I bet you know right where he is going.

Andy said...

It would be great if they can get out and about. A trip to the Zocalo, or the main "town square" if you want to call it that, would be great. The National Cathedral is there, which is the oldest in the Americas, and also the Federal Government buildings.