Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The "Little" Big House


At the Kanab Utah Stake Family History Center there is a model of the Big House in Moccasin.  Built by Leonard Heaton, it is a pretty accurate rendition of the place. 


There is a brief note about the history of the house.  I thought I'd put these pictures up for those that have memories of the place, both past and current.


The roof lifts off to reveal the bedrooms...


...and the kitchen.
 



I particularly like this detail:  the wood box!  Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures.  If you ever get a chance, drop by the old chapel and take a closer look.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Leonard did an amazing job on this! I saw it a couple of times while he was building it when I was down. It's great that it is on display for others to enjoy.

Andy said...

That is quite incredible.

John and Peggy said...

He's now building a model of the house in Alton. Look forward to seeing it.