As I left MIA last evening I glanced to the west and saw the sun shining through the lowering clouds and thought it might make an interesting picture. Some power lines and the new Comfort Inn kind of ruined the view from the church parking lot and so I drove over to the Levi Stewart Monument and snapped a couple of pictures with my phone. When I looked at them later I saw this image of a galloping horse and was reminded of the Johnny Cash song The Man Comes Around which opens with this verse from The Revelation of St John: "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." (Revelation 19:11) which then goes on to say that "he that sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war."
Thursday, May 7, 2015
"...And Behold A White Horse..."
As I left MIA last evening I glanced to the west and saw the sun shining through the lowering clouds and thought it might make an interesting picture. Some power lines and the new Comfort Inn kind of ruined the view from the church parking lot and so I drove over to the Levi Stewart Monument and snapped a couple of pictures with my phone. When I looked at them later I saw this image of a galloping horse and was reminded of the Johnny Cash song The Man Comes Around which opens with this verse from The Revelation of St John: "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." (Revelation 19:11) which then goes on to say that "he that sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment