Monday, July 28, 2008

At Last!, Pt. 2

More on our transcontinental visit with Jared and family

The definition of CUTE!

Matt contemplating life (with his friends 2000 miles away!)

Once a pyro, always a pyro. Jared demonstrating leftover fireworks from the Fourth.

The boys in front of a Sherman tank at the Patton museum.


Private Matt reporting for duty as part of the American Expiditionary Force during the Great War. Although this is kind of a gag shot, the truth is many of those who went to fight in that wars (and in all wars, including our present conflicts in Iran and Afghanistan) are his age. That's a sobering thought for a parent.



Jared and I in front of a WWII German tank.

Peg and three of her boys in front of a T-28, a 80 ton behemoth. Nice 'do, Peg.
Jared and Adrianne's home in Rineyville, KY. Were treated royally while guests there. A recommended stop on any visit to Kentucky!

Our studly son. I'm not quite sure that's a military haircut, tho.

1 comment:

Sarah Greener said...

Fun pictures! I am glad that you guys had such a great time. I wished that Jared and the fam lived closer!