Thursday, July 17, 2008

At Last!

We finally made it to Kentucky. We've wanted to go for over a year, ever since Jared and family moved there after completing dental school. What with one thing or another we never made it back there until Stella Lou came along and left us no alternative! We had a great time and Jared and Adrianne took good care of us. Grace is prettier than ever and Stella is just a doll.





Dr. Schmutz




Captain Schmutz


Peggy holding Stella for the first time. We can't see Peg's face, but the look on Stella's says it all:
"Hi, grandma! It's about time you got here!" Maybe I'm crazy, but it almost looks like a recognition of meeting elsewhere (like the premortal life).


I think that Grace would give Paul Newman a race for the bluest eyes ever! Sorry this is a little out of focus.



The boys and princess Grace at the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory. It was a great tour and very interesting to see how bats, and particularly major league bats, are made. Plus, they gave you a cool little bat.






This is "Steve." We found him wandering around in WalMart and took him home with us. Little did he know that the following night he would end up as dessert after some great burgers cooked by Jared.

Well, this is enough for the first installment. I've got to start getting ready for next week and Timberline.

2 comments:

Sarah Greener said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I love that pic of mom and Stella, she does have the cutest look on her face! It is so weird to see Jared in his scrubs and camo, I dont know why it is weird it just is! What a kid!

adrianne s. said...

what a stunning example of an officer, he must be in the ARMY!!!