This was the weekend of the big reunion. We had a great attendance and I think most everybody had a good time.
When we were younger, we named much of the landmarks we reached on the way to the top. The first ledge, the second ledge were just the start. Here we some hardy hikes on the trail between running knoll and earthquake ruins. I think the trail has gotten somehow steeper than I remember! And the Indian Dance Hall a little smaller.
Yes, here's some proof that we actually made it! It was a great day for hiking. The sky was overcast and the temperature just right.
Here's the Wikans trying to find grandma's house. It looks like Uncle Gilbert has the right idea. Cool shorts, too.
Peggy making her point while peeling potatoes.
The best way to do dutch oven potatoes is to get everyone else to peel and slice the potatoes.
Dinner
Loading up on the goodies.
2 comments:
The reunion looked fun. I wish that we could have been there! I have to say that I have never hiked up the to the k hill. And dad groosss to the grapes and bread in milk. That does not look good! haha.
Matt looked so much older with his hair cut short like that. What a little missionary.
We had a great time at the reunion! I've hiked up to the K a number of times but that was the first time I've ever hiked to the top!
And your story about Pine Creek, I can't imagine doing that without any rappelling gear! Or a rope long enough to make it down the last drop! It sure makes for a great story though. I'm glad you made it out alive. That's got to be a pretty sketchy hike up to observation point from down in there!
Post a Comment