Sunday, February 7, 2010

Photo Quiz #4


Photo Quiz #4 dates from around 1982-83 (I think). For the fabulous prize*, identify 7 of 8 people shown. Bonus prize** to be awarded on identification of the place, and I mean The Specific Place. The extra special super duper bonus prize*** will be for identification of the 8th person (the face is not visible, but I think there is a pretty good idea of who it is).



*Fabulous prize - A colorful green badge of a blue tent and a bunch of z's issuing from the opening. Feel free to assign it whatever significance you want to.






**Bonus prize - Again, a green badge but with compass superimposed by a DON'T sign. The winner will be the first person who WRONGLY guesses the location. They may then affix this badge to their clothing as a sign of incompetent geolocation.






***Extra special super duper bonus prize will be a disposable mouth mirror. Cool, huh?

By the way, the next Photo Quiz will have NO people in it!

Quiz Results!!

Elizabeth wins the fabulous prize as well as the extra special super duper bonus prize* for correctly identifying 7 of 8 people in the picture. I do believe that is Sam's arm behind Jared and Andy. The only one she misidentified is Sharon.

The bonus prize will not be awarded this go-around since nobody 'wrongly' guessed the location. In fact, nobody ventured a guess at all, just professed total ignorance. This is the 'tunnel' under the 'beehives' on the hill north of town. It can be reached by hiking up the Squaw Trail or driving up to the towers and then walking a short ways along the rim to the west.

Growing up in Kanab pre-video games, internet, etc., a good deal of time was spent in the hills outside of town. Easily accessible, we spent most of our time on and around the K-hill, but once in a while we'd venture into the domain of the North Warders and hike up the Squaw Trail. If we were really feeling adventurous we'd go across the crick (creek) and hike up to Saleratus.

*I think I ought to trade-mark this.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The people in the picture are: Rachel, Elizabeth, Nancy, Rick, Robert, Jared, and Andy Tom. I am guessing from the little brown arm on the unidentified boy that it is Sam. I can't identify the location because I don't even remember this photo moment.

Anonymous said...

They are Rachel, Elizabeth, Sharon instead of Nancy, Robert, Rick, Jared, Andy Tom, and I'll go with Elizabeth that it is Sam. And I don't know where it is.
And it is just like Rachel to ham for the camera.

Rachel said...

I am again too late to be the first at guessing. But I will have to agree with Elizabeth. I think it looks more like Nancy than Sharon. By the way, Addison said she forgives you, her tooth feels alot better. Thanks!

Sam said...

Holy Cow!!! At first I thought that was Amy trying to upstage everyone else in the pic.

And, thanks to everyone for recognizing my arm.

Gilbert said...

Gee, this is an old pic. When I first looked at it I thought Rick was Robert. Well I couldn't blow up the pic., but I think that I'll have to agree with Sharon, (we leftiesup have to stick together), that it is Sharon instead of Nancy. You sure can tell that it is Jared though. As to where it is at I have no clue.