Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sunk




This is a picture from six years ago (as you can see by the date). It was January, it was cold, and Danny and I tried to cross the creek at the upper end of the reservoir behind the dam. Obviously we didn't make it.

(Picture courtesy of Stewart Robinson, who picked us up and gave us a ride home)
(Nick Ramsay, who fished the Rhino out of the water, posted this on his board with all the other wrecks and tows)

6 comments:

Andy said...

reminds me of a certain 69 GMC that I saw stuck just upstream of the river crossing by the airport. All I know is the driver had to climb out the window because the door wouldn't open. Can't remember who pulled it out.

Analee said...

What is it with the Schmutz men getting stuck? You would think they would learn to be a little more cautious.

Analee said...

Really that was Elizabeth

John and Peggy said...

Testing the limits, or 'getting stuck,' as some rather snidely put it, is the sign of a true adventurer, the man who puts all onthe line regardless of personal cost. Of course another camp holds rather being adventurous, these men are really rather inept at what they do . I, of course, hold with the former point of view.

And then again it must be pointed out that certain vehicles lend themselves particularly to the inexplicable attraction they possess toward mud, sand, and water. Indeed, such was the aforementioned 69 GMC, and an even earlier 63 Chevy pickup that although born with two wheel drive, kept vainly insisting it was four wheel drive, much to it's later embarrassment .

Analee said...

You can use any words you want, descriptive or otherwise, but stuck is stuck! But oh, the memories!!! Life would be a little duller if you didn't have stories to tell.

Analee said...

I don't know what Analee has done to my computer!