Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Ride

The boys and I went out for a few hours on Labor Day to burn the carbon out of the 4-wheelers and the Rhino. The plan was to find some Indian ruins I'd been told about several years before but have never visited. I was given directions and even the GPS co-ordinates and so I had a general idea where to go. The GPS directions were no help: when I plugged them into Google Maps they pointed to a lot at the golf course!


Of course, no outing is complete without the little misadventure. If you look closely you can see a cable attached to the trailer hitch......


....and the other end fastened to a tow strap on the back of the trailer. We pulled off the road to unload the ATVs and promptly bogged down in the sand. Had to unload the trailer, unhitch it, put the Ford in 4 low, get it out, and then we had to pull the trailer out backwards.


After all that we finally got under way. It was a dusty day as you can tell by the clouds of dust following the boys toward Harris Mountain.






Never did find the ruins, but found great views, as usual. This is looking back toward the west with Canaan Mountain in the far background.


Now toward the northwest and West Temple in Zion. We finished a little early today because Matt had to get back to Cedar, but at least we know where the ruins are not, so maybe next time we'll have better luck!

No comments: