(Not sure what happened with this picture here. I've have a new camera and I've had this show up a couple of times. I don't know if it's the camera, the card, or what.)
Balancing rock silhouetted against the approaching storm.
We had to cut our visit short because of the approaching storm and drove back over this cattle guard out in the middle of a flat. Without any sign of past or future fencing on either side of it I'm left a little puzzled by it's purpose.
We didn't make it make to the car before the storm let loose and were thoroughly soaked by the time we reached the car. In fact, at one point we were following the road up a sandy hill and the water coming down the road more than filled the ruts! It was pretty impressive, and once the thunder and lightning started, a little nerve-wracking. When we got back to the House Rock Valley Road we turned south toward 89A rather than trying to cross the Buckskin again. Coming down off the mountain this side of Jacob Lake we passed piles of hail on the roadside showing the intensity of the storm.

6 comments:
I enjoyed the photographs. I was asked recently if I missed Southern Utah. YES! We drove through Denali National Park yesterday, as beautiful as it was I think thing I enjoyed most was not being hemmed in by trees.
Wow, John, that is sure some goodlooking country. Next time you plan on going out give me a call and I'll go with you. I can always call in sick for a trip like that.
I'm sure Dad sure enjoyed it.
Elizabeth, I still remember when we went to Yellowstone (after dropping you off at the LTM John), and how claustrophobic you got becasue of all the trees. When I first started working on the river, I felt somewhat the same being down in the canyon. I thought life would be perfect if I could just zoom up top and get my bearings.
Oh my goodness I want to go ride there!! that is soo cool!...
Well, Kristi, next time we go, I'll let yoy know. Maybe even Skip can tag along! Realy thougg, next Scott and Sarah and the mini-terrorists come down, you all ought to visit us and we'll go see the sights.
Entered that last comment via iPod missed a couple of letters, apparently!
Post a Comment