Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Finally Started!

The demolition of the Kanab Stake Center started yesterday. The next few days I'll put up a series of posts highlighting the building as it was. Then, as new construction begins, I'll try to update as it proceeds.

This part will be saved, remodeled, and used as stake offices (bottom floor) and a family history center (top floor).













This part will be torn down, along with all the west and north additions.
















Some might remember the stairs that went right by this window up to the little room over the old east entrance.


And, of course, no-man's land.  By crawling out through the windows, you'd be in forbidden territory.  At least until somebody caugh










1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I am glad you are documenting this for those of us that can't be there to see it happen. The door that is "floating" on the wall, isn't it in the old part. I remember Jr. Primary and Jr. Sunday School being upstairs. We had a class in that room, if it's the one I am thinking of. Anyway....I had nightmares about that closet door when I was little, a big white wolf something would come out and carry me off, and I could never get a scream out, so no one knew he was taking me off.

We also had a class in the "tower room" it was cool to be up there.