Thoughts (mostly mine) from our family's trek through life.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Photo Quiz #40
It's been awhile since we had a Photo Quiz, but here's one for your viewing pleasure. I've kind of run out of steam on the prizes so you'll just have to be content will being the first and being right!
I agree with Gilbert. The reason for 1929 is because that is when the Navajo Bridge was dedicated. June 14, 15 of that year to be precise. There is a great article in Feb.'s Nat'l Geo. about the area. It even show a picture of White Pocket.
Curses National Geographic! It says on the cover "Secret Southwestern Cliffs." I call 'em on that one. Did they see the packed parking lot at the trail head to the Wave? Did they really get a permit to the Wave legitimately? And what's so secret about "secret" when it's in National Geographic??? OK I'm done.
I always assumed that picture was taken on the day the bridge was dedicated... but was it?
I just guessed. Looked it up on Wiki., and then I thought I remembered somewhere that Mom said that they went out there at the time of the dedication or shortly thereafter.
8 comments:
Who: Grandpa and Grandma Heaton.
Where: Navojo Bridge, Az.
When: 1929.
That was me (deleted one). Put the same answer in twice. Didn't know that I had done it.
Why do you say 1929?
I agree with Gilbert. The reason for 1929 is because that is when the Navajo Bridge was dedicated. June 14, 15 of that year to be precise. There is a great article in Feb.'s Nat'l Geo. about the area. It even show a picture of White Pocket.
Curses National Geographic! It says on the cover "Secret Southwestern Cliffs." I call 'em on that one. Did they see the packed parking lot at the trail head to the Wave? Did they really get a permit to the Wave legitimately? And what's so secret about "secret" when it's in National Geographic??? OK I'm done.
I always assumed that picture was taken on the day the bridge was dedicated... but was it?
I just guessed. Looked it up on Wiki., and then I thought I remembered somewhere that Mom said that they went out there at the time of the dedication or shortly thereafter.
What do you think a pristine 1928 Dodge would be worth today?
Post a Comment