This post is the first of three posts coming up (in the next few weeks, I think) of areas of the old stake center rarely seen. Shortly after we moved out of the building some of us had an opportunity explore parts of the structure generally not accessible. Here, Danny is getting ready to climb the ladder inside the tower leading to the clocks.
It's a little nerve-wracking climbing those narrow rungs up through the trap door at the top.
4 comments:
Where did you go to get in the tower? was it in that old coat closet in the foyer?
Yes, there was a trap door in the ceiling.
So where are the clock works? I recall there being clock works that had a weighted pully on of some type. I don't remember exactly. We actually got it started after years of not working. It was suspended right in the middle of the four faces and was much smaller than what I thought it would be. I also think there was a bell above the faces that had a mallet that hit the outside edge. Was it still there?
The old clock works are long gone. They were replace by electric motors.
Post a Comment