Here's shot from long ago and not so far away. I've even come up with a Fabulous Prize*,**, so be sure and chime in on this one for a chance to win! So: Who? Where? When?
*I know it's been a while since a prize, let alone a Fabulous Prize, was offered, so you better jump in while you can.
**Fabulous Prize: A Grand Staircase of the Escalante Monument Pin. I know that for some it might be the
equivalent of a Playboy Bunny pin or Obama pin, but it's free and you don't have to wear it.
OK, James is the closest, but, as he mentioned, he has access to tons of these pins and giving him one would be like giving water to a drowning man.
This is a Teacher's Quorum/Varsity Scout activity back in the day (I really can't remember the exact year) and we are just starting out on our trek through the Zion Narrows. Lined up, left to right, Roger Holland, Keith Robinson, me, Allen Robinson, John Potter, Daniel Holland, and Gary Cox.
Jim Potter took the picture for us and was our shuttle guy. This was a great trip. After Deep Creek we were able to inflate our inner tubes and float along in some stretches.
I miss those shorts. They were my favorite all time shorts.
7 comments:
Great shorts John. I can only do this quiz partial justice. From LT to RT it's Roger Holland, Keith Robinson and then you. Past that ? Chamberlain's ranch at the Narrows trailhead. I don't know when, other than yes, a long time ago.
Andy you know more that me. I only could guessed at Roger Holland and John. The others and where and when I have no idea.
Great Photo! From LT to RT: Roger Holland, Keith Robinson, John Schmutz with the sweet shorts, Alan Robinson, Don't Know, Dan Holland (I think), Gary Cox.
This was a Zion Narrows trip and the photo looks like just barely below the trailhead in North Fork.
I know that I didn't name everyone and win the prize, but I already have a drawer full of Monument pins... :)
The one third from the right is a Potter can't remember his first name though.
Wow, that picture is from a long, long time ago.!
Can name only the first three. Roger, Keith and you. John you kinda look like you raided Peg's closet for those shorts! lol!
Come on Gilbert,those shorts are killer! They remind me of some dress up shorts that I used my first few years on the river.
I really don't care about the who and where, etc. That sock combination that matches the shorts John are to die for!
Post a Comment