Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back to School


This last weekend I went back to school for a three-day course on implant dentistry.  I caught one a few weeks ago by Ocobiomedical and now this one sponsored by Implant Direct.  I've place mini-implants (1.2 and 1.8 mm in diameter for several years now and recently decided to graduate to the bigger variety.  I've actually placed a few already (just a matter of scale, right?) but had an opportunity to hear from a few of the big names in implants and a couple of the up-and-comers.
As implant companies proliferate, it has driven component prices down and as a result implant placement becomes more affordable for more people.  The track record of success is higher than ever (+95%) and is even approaching the standard of care in lower denture retention.

I'll probable post more on this, either on this blog or on The Bloody Tooth, my other blog.

No comments: