Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Return to Flag Point


Last week I had a little time and, with the mornings starting to get a little colder, I thought it was time to blow a little more carbon out of the Rhino.  It had been a long time since I'd been to Flag Point east of Kanab and so I decided go visit the dinosaur tracks.


This gives an idea of the size of the tracks.


There's a bunch of tracks on this slab under the pinon tree.  The shadows obscure most of them in this picture.


Apparently this is a Eubrontes  track, which, according that font of all knowledge known as Wikepedia, is a  type of footprint, not the name of the dinosaur that made it.








Just underneath the tracks is this panel.


Smack dab in the middle is what appears to be a dinosaur track while to the right are what appears to be a couple of birds.  Maybe it was thought the tracks were made by giant birds.




One of the greatest inventions ever, peanut butter and jelly combined.  Genius!


Flag Point

No comments: