Monday, May 26, 2014

Back When It was Legal



On my second blog post ever I posted about a ride Dad, Gilbert, Andy, and I did up on Canaan Mountain. Several months earlier I had taken the same ride with some guys that had been there before and knew the way. I found some pictures I had taken (non-digital!), scanned them, and decided to put up a few.

If you look carefully, you can see the 4-wheeler coming down the hill.

Remains of the windlass that was used to lower shingles down the cliff above Canaan Ranch.


The far edge.





Off in the far distance you can see the highway between Short Creek and Apple Valley.
Plus, the scenic sewer lagoons.

This guy brought a dune buggy up!


It's too bad that these scenic views and wonderful vistas are now closed to all but the chosen few.  And my chosen few, I mean them that writes the rules!




No comments: