Meet Lloyd Laycook. Lloyd is a retired Air Force officer and is very active in veteran affairs. He has been instrumental in helping establish a VA home in the St. George area (Santa Clara, I think) and is currently placing a framed flag in each room of the facility. I overheard him talking to one of my asssistants about this project the other day in the office and asked if we could do one in Mom's name. He readily agreed and here is the result. I think it's a nice service, both for Mom and those who served their country in the armed forces.
3 comments:
This is really a nice tribute, John. But the first time I read it, I just lost it. I'm having a hard time writing this right now. You are a great brother.
Nice. The VA home is in Ivins, not too far from where Elizabeth lived.
Knowing Mom, I think she would gladly give of her means to do something like this, but never put her name on it! I'm glad the opportunity came up to do this.
Post a Comment