This was Andy's year. I was getting a little tired of being skunked out on the sands, so we put in for the Panguitch unit this year. After initially starting out daybreak in an unproductive push along a low ridge, we moved to an area near where I had some luck years ago. Matt went one way, I another, and Andy hung out near the Ford. Matt flushed the buck and Andy was in the right place at the right time.
The real work begins after the buck is shot.
The happy hunter comparing antlers of his deer with Danny's of a couple of years ago. You can certainly buy your jerky cheaper at the store, but they don't sell memories of early mornings with your family, waiting for the sun to come up, the smells of cedar, sage, and pinon pine, the sudden sound of an unseen deer bounding away, the rattling of loose cartridges in your pocket, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment