Monday, April 5, 2010

Eating Our Way Across Ireland


We certainly didn't starve to death on our trip. We had fish and chips, Irish stew, roast beef, chicken, all kinds of veggies, and wonderful breads. I think I could've just lived on the bread and rolls.




One evening we had a dinner and show at Bunratty Castle, a large castle built in the early 1400's. The food and entertainment were great.




We had an Irish Breakfast every morning which included bacon (more on the order of Canadian bacon rather than the strips we're used to), sausage, scrambled eggs (which invariably seemed a little runny to me) rolls and bread, real butter and jam, melon and other fruits, cereal, yogurt, etc. Just typing this makes me hungry!
One evening in Ennis we were on our own for dinner and so Peg and I wandered around the streets until we found this little Thai restaurant. We were the only ones there and the food was good.


I'll have a new Photo Quiz up Wed or Thurs, but don't worry, I still have plenty of Ireland pictures to go!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Made me hungry just reading about it and seeing the pictures. We went to a Thai restaurant last week, lets just say that it looks like Ireland does it better. Floral decor and stacks of National Geographics in the windows should have tipped us off.

Rachel said...

Love it. You go all the way to Ireland to have Thai!

John and Peggy said...

Yeah Rachel, it's kind of a twofer.