Thursday, April 8, 2010

Photo Quiz #10


Where In the World....?

For Fabulous prize* guess the location of the above photo. In case of ties, the one to first and most accurately pin it down, wins.

*Fabulous prize is a deck of vintage Healthco playing cards. Healthco was a major dental supply company that folded about 20 years ago. This prize is a real keeper, folks!


GAME OVER!!!
Once again, Gilbert has won the Photo Quiz, this time almost as an afterthought apparently (see his last comment). This is indeed an aerial view of Navajo Lake on Cedar Mountain taken just a few weeks ago as we were coming home from Ireland by way of Newark. If you blow the picture up you can see the dike cutting across the eastern (right) side and even follow the highway up to Midway!

7 comments:

Bryan said...

?????? The hills in front remind me of the Hurricane fault, you know what we called the upside down mountain when we were kids. For all I know it could be Anywhere USA. Except for Alaska, them there hills just aren't tall enough.

Bryan said...

That's really Elizabeth. I don't know how I did that!

Anonymous said...

Can't tell if that is sand or snow, but I'm going to say it is somewhere north of Kanab. Maybe up towards Panguitch. This may be one of the tougher ones.

Gilbert said...

Maybe Sharon is somewhere on the right track. I have been trying to figure this out and yesterday I wondered if it was somewhere on Cedar Mt.
I don't know, but those brown colored bits in the lower half of the picture looks kinda like somewhere around Cedar Breaks, and doesn't the cleared spaces look like lumbering has taken place.
If so, this must be an old pic., cause I don't think that could even be done today.

John said...

Has anyone blown the picture up?

Gilbert said...

Yes, John everytime I look at it. I still can't figure it out.
Oh, I just had a thought. I think it just might be, (and I'm not to sure about this), but could it just be Navajo Lake on Cedar MT.?

Anonymous said...

Hey John,
Just a thought, Is it in Peru?
Or maybe around Henry Mts.