Friday, July 9, 2010

More Family Fun!!

Just some miscellaneous pictures from when the whole family was here, along with some miscellaneous comments. The pics are in no particular order and may be enjoyed in order, from bottom to top, random order, or you may chose to skip this post altogether.



Here we're setting up for a dutch oven dinner at Ponderosa Grove. It's been a long time since we've been out here, but wanted to show the kids the sand dunes. I didn't get any pictures of them in the dunes because I was watching the potatoes.




Jared checking out the wildlife in the tree. Seriously, this girl is all over the place. It wears me out just to watch her.


Mom and her boys enjoying some delicious dutch oven potatoes. Everything tastes better cooked in a dutch oven. Why is that?


The kids waiting for Uncle Danny to get up and pay them attention. Matt and Danny slept on the couch and a blow-up mattress. Points for them.


The girls wanted to wear muumuus like grandma so she fixed them up. We can thank Grandma Barb for this particular fashion craze. Lawson looks a little left out.


Gettin' the feet wet.


Lunch!


Mr. Happy Heaton


Mom and Heaton strolling down the road.


Love the head wrap, Stella.


Chillin' with dad.


What treasures can we find in the sand?


Stella all buckled up for a ride in the Rhino. Does that smile look a little forced?

Oh, yeah. Dad's driving.

Checking out the tramp. We put the trampoline back up just for them. We put it away when we remodeled and just never put it back up.


Years ago, and I mean even before we had one grandchild, let alone four, Peg won a MAJOR PRIZE at the local Christmas Festival. We were driving down State Street in SLC when she got the news and I swear I've never seen her so excited.* The MAJOR PRIZE was a playhouse and it has set for several years now in our back yard waiting for someone to come and play in it. Lawson as played in it a bit, but Peg was finally able to sit down and have pretend tea with her grandchildren.
*I might be exaggerating a little bit here, but not by much!

Grace taking her dad for a spin on the Polaris.


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the family photo, and so amazing because you had everyone in it. The greatest rewards in life are spending time with family. Peg looks like a true blue Schmutz in that first photo. Don't we all have a pic like that?

Kristi said...

LOVE IT!!!
The Whole Fam Photo turned out sooo good!!!
I love the ones with Heaton and Peg!! Love um!!