Saturday, March 5, 2011

Check. Check.


On Wednesday, Peg and I checked off two items on our THINGS WE'D LIKE TO DO list. The KHS music department took the students (and interested parents) to see BLUE MAN GROUP at the Venetian in Las Vegas so being interested parents and also wanting to see the show we tagged along. By 'tagged along' I mean we went to the show with them. We were not 'interested parents' enough to ride the bus down with them! We actually went earlier in the day so we would have time to visit the pawn shop made famous by the TV show Pawn Stars.

Sidetrail: Our THINGS WE'D LIKE TO DO list isn't really an official list, just things we've talked about doing.



There was actually a line of people outside waiting to get in the store. Who knew so many wanted to get a glimpse of Chumlee and the rest?



Unfortunately, we saw nobody we knew from the show (they weren't taping that day) except Peg thought she recognized one girl that had a little moment in the limelight.

They must clear most people out of the store when they're taping, because it never looks this busy on TV.




Picking up a couple of Chumlee T-shirts. I'm thinking these guys make much more off the show-related merchandise than they do pawning and selling items. There were T-shirts, hoodies, hats, key chains, mugs, pencils, pens, golf balls, etc. for sale. Just like Disneyland, only on a smaller scale (not by much, though!).



Part II of our trip involved getting to the Venetian and waiting for the group to arrive. Instead of driving directly there, we of course had to detour to the mall (Sears) and Target.


Peg's going to have gelato for dinner.......



......while I have a huge pastrami sandwich.




Here's the KHS crowd getting ready for the show. You may recognize some of them. Or not.
At the beginning of the show, they gave a shout-out to our students.



Peg and her new buddy.

5 comments:

The Holland Family said...

It was a fun time. You should have ridden the bus though. We had a stowaway. A lady that said she was from homeland security (yeah right). She just wanted a ride to anywhere. Mr Terry took care of business. Glad you guys got to go. The pawn shop looked fun.

Elizabeth said...

I have always wanted to see the Blue Man Group. I've heard they are great. Fun!

Gilbert said...

Sounds like you guys had fun.

Andy and Andrea said...

um, Pawn Stars? Wow, what I miss by not having cable...

John and Peggy said...

Nicole, we've done the bus thing. Not eager to do it again! Homeland security? Have to remember that one............just in case.