Last week the Ventures/Priests took me along on an ice fishing expedition to Panquitch Lake. During the winter, Ruby's Inn offers a special rate to Scouts and their leaders. For $20 a person you get a room, a hamburger dinner, and a pancake breakfast. Our YM president and our Priest's Quorum advison invited me along and so with five young men we set out to rough it!
Of course, the Bryce Canyon area in the winter is cold, cold cold. I've been told that the massive icicle shown here sometimes reaches all the way to the ground.

One perk is the hot tub and pool. Here our intrepid boys are cowering in fear of their advisor who is threatening to snap them with a towel.*
*Points to whoever (whomever?) can identify the kid on the far right.
We awoke to a fresh couple of inches of snow. This was just a harbinger* of the rest of the day!
*Word of the day. I hope throwing in a word like 'harbinger' occasionally brings a level of eruditon to the blog.
Here we are. The view from the road.
Here we are again. Actually, it's Danny.
The ice fishing tent in the background belongs to Kim.
Super idea, I'm thinking.
While the leaders fished, the boys posed!
It was fitting that the road was snowy most of the way home. This is between Tod's and the KOA hill. While the fishing was slow (only four or five fish caught, none of them mine) a good time was had by all, I believe.
By the way, I have no clue who the kid is. He wasn't with us.
2 comments:
Wow, you boys from Kanab really do rough it. Hope you had a plate of Buffalo Chips from Ruby's to go with your burgers. They are McKenna's fav!
Naw, Buffalo Chips aren't included on the scout deal. Too bad, it sounds like good.
Post a Comment