I been through Idaho (twice*) but never to Idaho. A few short miles above Brigham City we crossed the state line. It looks like some people decided to commemorate their visit with an official picture in front of the sign but we just whizzed on by.
*The first time was in 1981 when I went to Portland to take the boards and the second time was a few years ago when we drove up to visit Jared and his family during their brief stay in Roseburg.
Driving through Idaho Falls we made a short detour to see the Idaho Falls Temple, a beautiful structure on the banks of the Snake River.
And, as a happy bonus, a quick trip to the nearby DI for Sarah, the depression glass* queen of the family. She even scored a find here!
*Apparently depression glass is a thing. Google it!
We stayed as this cabin in Island Park, Idaho, just this side of West Yellowstone.
Yellowstone is a geologic and natural wonder. The whole time we were there I tried to imagine how the early trappers and traders felt when they entered this area for the first time.
The Old Faithful area was a zoo! I almost felt like we were at Disneyland. We were walking back to our cars when Peggy saw a lady looking lost and trying to decide where to cross a busy road so she did her Good Turn for the day and helped her across. Now my sons know why they got their Eagle!
No comments:
Post a Comment