One day we drove south from Island Park and visited Mesa Falls, a nice little side trip. There are an upper and lower falls on the Henrys Fork.
I'm glad we went in summer!
We all took turns cooking dinner. Matt and Cass whipped up some great carne asada when it was their turn.
One morning Scott, Lawson, and I got up early to head for the eastern side of the park. Scott had picked out a trail in the Lamar Valley called the Slough Trail where there was a possibility we could see bears.
After hiking around awhile we finally found a couple of bears on the way back to the truck, within just a few hundred yards to the end of the trail! There were two of them, one black and one cinammon colored up in a tree.
I never got a really good shot of the black one, he always had his rump to me and was pretty much sedentary, but the other one was pretty lively, climbing up and down the tree and bouncing around on branches that looked way too small to support him!
Got this nice picture of a coyote with a buffalo (yes, I know, a bison) in the background near the Tower-Roosevelt Junction.
Cow elk and their young ones.
A big bull elk grazing in a meadow. We saw four or five of these big beauties.
Iconic Yellowstone, geological wonders and wildlife.
No comments:
Post a Comment