Years ago, many, many years ago when I was still in high school I went on a horseback ride with the South Ward young men and our leaders. We went up trail canyon and across and down Bunting Trail on the south side. I remember we stopped by the Greenhaugh cabin and the microwave reflectors on our ride. What I remember most about coming down the trail that it was so steep in places we had to get off the horses and lead them down.
Partway up the trail, there is a side trail to a couple of dinosaur tracks. Not really much to see, the tracks at Flag Pointl are much better, but interesting, nevertheless.
Partway up the trail. It's a pretty steep hike with southern exposure so on a hot day it's hard to find shade!
The view to the north.
Looking toward the northeast and Kanab. The K-hill is right in the middle, you can barely see the K.
This was as far as I got. The trail forks here with one track going off to the east to the end of the ridge while the other goes on up even higher and eventually out on top. Another day, perhaps!
No comments:
Post a Comment