Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bad Jeep, Bad, Bad Jeep


Yes, that's battery charger underneath the Jeep. I've mentioned the Jeep in previous posts, pretty much singing its praises, but not today. It wouldn't start the other day so I jumped it. Fine, it started right up and I thought I left it to run and charge up, but it quit and by the time I got back to check, it was late and so Danny and I hooked the battery charger up. Slept on it over night and went to start it this morning and guess what? I left the key on, so all that charging accomplished exactly zero. Got it started again today and left it running and 20 minutes later it ran out of gas! I emptied a couple of gallons of gas from a gas can* and since it was getting late and I had to go shovel snow I hooked the charger back up. I'll try again tomorrow.

*sidetrail - You hardly ever see gas "cans" anymore. They're mostly plastic now. And don't you hate the new nozzles? Don't get me started.


I could make an analogy about how we should maintain our testimonies so they'll sustain us in times of great need and trials and how I should maintain my Jeep so I can count on it starting when I need it, but I won't. I'm still ticked off at the Jeep. And there's another lesson in that.

3 comments:

bob said...

You're making me miss my old Jeep! When it was cold out I always had to jump it to get it to start! Sometimes I'd have to bang on the starter with a hammer to get it to turn over.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Look at all that snow! Isn't it fun? Oh, and sorry about the jeep.

Josh said...

Oddly enough, I kinda miss my old jeep and the shenanigans I had to deal with when I had it. My battery went dead a couple times, too, mostly in winter time. But, I heard someone say once that if you can drive a jeep, you can drive any car. I think that goes for loving one, too.