
OK, as promised, here's Photo Quiz #3! To win:
Fabulous prize* - Name 11 of 14 people seen in this picture
Bonus prize** - Name the location
Super duper prize*** - Name the occasion
Sleuth extraordinaire prize**** - Name the person sitting in front of the table with their back to the camera.
I know, four prizes! Don't expect me to top this anytime soon.
*Fabulous prize - Nine, yes nine, tubes of sample-sized toothpaste. I'm almost giddy at the thought of being able to offer this. I really appreciate the contest sponsor.
**Bonus prize - Tube of Fixodent (I'm not implying anything by this prize, I just have some samples I need to get rid of)
***Super duper prize - A handy info list explaining what a root canal is and why and how the procedure is carried out. A little knowledge is a good thing, you know. See D&C 130:18.
****Sleuth extraordinaire prize - The 10 centavo piece left from Photo Quiz #2.
WINNER(S)!!!!
OK, there is a major winner and a minor winner this week. Elizabeth is the major winner for being the first to identify the required number of people, the occasion, and the person with their back to the camera. Gilbert was more specific as to the location and so wins the Bonus prize, a tube of Fixodent. I'm not sure what he'll do with it, but maybe he'll find an off-label use for it and let us know! (Like using Bounce to clean your computer screen; it helps keep the dust from settling back on it.)
Now, here are the answers to the quiz:
From left to right - Andy (just barely in the picture), Sharon, Aunt Merlene, Uncle Don (standing), Aunt Verna, Dad, Uncle Dave, Grandpa, Aunt Janice, Mike, and Sherrie (standing).
I have no idea who the two kids are to the right of Sherrie. I thought it was Nancy with her back to the camera, but some think it is Rachel. I'm still going with Nancy.
The location is on Mount Trumbull, near Nixon on the way to Mount Logan.
The occasion was a Schmutz reunion, held at Easter, I'm a little hazy on the year, however. If someone remembers the year, let me know and I'll mention you in the credits (neat, huh?).
Mention was made in the comments about the rain. Yes, it rained and rained. Jared, Andy, and I missed the last night because I had to come home (I forget why) and as we drove down Mt. Trumbull the rain really started to come down. We made it to the Tuweep road and found the road covered with water. It was right after the junction where the road follows along that fence for a couple of hundred yards. It was dark, raining, and I had no idea how deep it was or how far the road was covered. I waded through it, thought we could make it, and followed the fence, hoping we didn't go off the road. We made it through there and a couple of other flooded washes just south of Hack's. I was worried about Bullrush and the other wash a couple of miles south of the highway, but they were relatively dry.
Next Photo Quiz will be up in a week, more or less.
6 comments:
Okay, here goes: Sherrie, Mike Aunt Janice, Grandpa S. Uncle Dave, Dad, Aunt Verna, Aunt Merlene, Don, Andy, and Nancy.
Nancy is the one sitting in the chair with her back to the camera.
Also, I missed out on most of these, so I am taking guesses here. The location is Tuweap (sp), or is Arizona Strip close enough? It was a Schmutz reunion and I am going to say Easter.
Whew! I have been waiting by my computer all morning!!!! So now I am going to keep my fingers crossed because I am really, really, really, excited about those prizes!
Ok, I agree with Elizabeth, but I think standing next to Aunt Merlene is Sharon and you can just see Andy's face on the egde of the picture. She is probably right about it being the Schmutz reunion and at Easter. Was this the first one in a long time? Any way I think the place is on Mt Trumball at Nixon Sping. But that is just a guess.
Okay, I also agree with Gilbert and Elizabeth, except Rachel is the one with her back to the camera.
It was the Schmutz Reunion @ Easter, on Mt. Trumball and it rained almost every day.
Grandpa and Uncle Dave slept out in the open and Aunt Janice and Uncle Roy almost got stuck getting back to the main road.
I will ditto everybody on who it is, but I can remember it was on Mt. Trumball and I can remember it raining and slipping along the roads. Wasn't this the same reunion where we saw all the ladybugs? I remember Mike being there but I don't see him in the picture and I think it's Nancy, not me, with her back to the camera. I don't think I would have been hanging around talking with the adults. Billy and I were probably off exploring.
OK, so Sharon called me and said that it was me sitting with my back to the camera. I blew up the photo and still don't know if it is Nancy or me. But with those awesome huge glasses, it really could be me. Now that the photo is bigger I can see Mike. Who are the little children on the right of the photo?
I thought is was you Rach. But Bertie Sue was sure it was Nancy. I don't why cause we weren't there. I had to work and I remember that I thought it was kinda crazy that Aunt Janice and Uncle Roy would take thier RV out there on those roads.
Post a Comment