
Here's a trip down memory lane. You didn't have to be here to guess what's going on and why. So give it a try! Fabulous prize* for guessing the occasion. Bonus prize** for guessing the location.
*Fabulous prize - Two (2) Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils, never sharpened, never used!
**Bonus prize - A GPX FM Scan Radio! It has: a built-in compass! a built-in flashlight! A key chain belt clip! Still in original packaging! Uses two AAA batteries (not included). I amaze myself with this prize. Actually, I found it in the back of the drawer. I have no idea how or when it got there.
Answer and Update
Okay, so Gilbert got this. I think I should just send all prizes to Gilbert (and Sharon) automatically. He didn't get the location, however, so the bonus prize will just have to wait for another quiz and another day. This was taken at the Paria movie set umpteen years ago. It had to have been when there were three, maybe four wards in Kanab. Sharon's right about that being Jim Potter in the red jacket on the right. Just about everyone else is facing away, but I think that is Keith McAllister in the red shirt in front of the green Ford van and it looks like the guy in the red and white baseball cap and white shirt standing in line is Mark Hamblin.
Now here are a couple of pictures from this year's Fathers and Sons:
As always, the High Priests are in charge of dinner. The dutch ovens are all filled with potatoes and onions, chicken, and cobbler (apple, peach, and cherry). From left to right: Mark Downward (barely visible), Bob Gurr, porta-potties, Ray Clark's grandson, Earl Robinson, Don Taylor (getting in the truck), and Keith Perkins.
Here we are, enjoying the tasty meal. The wind was blowing so hard we took shelter behind Earl's truck. By the way, we were in Johnson Canyon on the north end of Sylvan Johnson's ranch.
5 comments:
Oh, geez, John, I am going to say that it is a father and sons' outing and that it is breakfast time.
As for the place, I'm going to guess that it is somewhere out on the Sands. I would say that it is at Ponderosa, but with no shadows of trees, it is just a guess.
I am going to have to give this one to Gilbert. I have no idea. The guy in the red wind breaker looks a lot like Jim Potter.
Fathers and Sons. Gotta love the red dirt wherever it is. Rick and Bryan went two weeks ago. How many have you gone to over the years?
We've been to Fathers and Sons every year since we moved back to Kanab in 1981 up until a couple of years ago. I'm trying to think of all the places we've had it. We had it in Main Canyon one year, and we've been to Pipe, Paria, Ponderosa Grove, the Kaibab, southwest of town between Kanab and Fredonia, and several places in Johnson Canyon. With increasing restrictions on camping on public lands, our choices are being limited to a few repeat locations.
Good thing you identified the porta potties in your picture, just in case you know...How great is that -- you can have a three generations fathers and sons experience.
Post a Comment