
This one's a little different that previous quizes. No people*, places, or events in this one. So for......
Fabulous prize** - What is it?
That's it. Just one prize again this week. And no more participation prizes, either. Unless I change my mind***.
*Well, there might be a little family history with this.
*A genuine tooth-shaped little box. I know, you're wondering where I keep coming up with this stuff! It's just a gift.
***That's the fun thing about running your own contest. My rules, my way. Just like at home****.
****Yeah, right.
ANSWER!!!
Gilbert came the closest on this quiz (but not close enough) when he tossed out a guess that it might be a military patch. This is a Utah National Guard patch used from 1956-1964. Uncle Tony is the family connection, I got it from him years and years ago.

Current patch

Current patch (muted)
11 comments:
merit badge patch for bee keeping.
It's the merit badge for surviving a really bad bee sting. I earned mine, but was never presented with it.
I'm gonna say beekeeping, too, even though I've seen one for beekeeping that had a blue background and a bee flying on it. Maybe they issue different ones out in Kanab.
Stretch your horizons, guys. It's not a merit badge.
Its from MIA for Young Women. It's a real miamaid badge. I know this because I have studied YW history and I believe I found this same badge on the YW website.
It does seem to be that it belongs to the Young Women's Program. From the old MIA of yesteryear.
But I say to is a Beehive Patch (Bee on the HIve).
Or it has to do something with the State of Utah and/or the LDS Church.
It can't go back to the old MM and Gleaners, can it? I was looking around on the YM website, and I couldn't find anything about on there. If it is a patch from the old YWMIA then Sharon and for sure Elizabeth would know. The only other guesses I could make are a miltary patch for a unit from UT. or police patch.
Oh, just had another thought. With it being frayed around the edges, could it belong to either Mom or Dad?
From either church or school groups that they belonged to?
Is that stretching it far enough, John?
If we were to do cold, warm, warmer, hot, then I would say one of the recent comments was getting 'warmer'.
Okay, I wondered if Gilbert wasn't on the right track with his last guess, especially after your hint. I can't think of anything further. These are my two guesses: a YWMIA beekeeper patch, or a Girls scout beekeeper patch. I have no idea where my Beehive sash is so I can't confirm that...neither can my memory confirm it, Ha! Ha!
I missed out on this one and being the military expert that i am i would have nailed it......it was painfully clear to me, in fact i pretty much know everything and i'm kinda a big deal............
Yep, Jared, this one was for you...and you were late to the party. Maybe next time.
Post a Comment