Friday, March 12, 2010

If It's Baseball, It Must Be Spring! (Updated)


And, if it is spring, someone forgot to tell the weather. It was near freezing by the time this picture was taken. Anyway, the Chuckwagon Classic got underway last night and continues today. Kanab beat Juab 13-3 in their opener and continues play in the winner's bracket today. Go Cowboys!
Postscript:


Elizabeth wondered where the snow was when I originally posted this (Thursday night). Well, here it is. It snowed out the championship game between Kanab and Beaver.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh come on, there's no snow on the ground. What are you complaining for? Seriously though, that's a nice looking patch of red dirt. Bryan is going out for indoor soccer. He hasn't played since 6th grade, but he is still enjoying the practice sessions. Everyone here does a sport of one kind or another. Ping pong is even offered as a PE class.

John and Peggy said...

Elizabeth, I was a little premature with the picture. Right now its snowing horizontally and I'm guessing the rest of the tournament will be cancelled.

Ping pong? Seriously?

Rachel said...

I was siding with Elizabeth until you mentioned your horizontal snow. Must be coming from your direction! McKenna's at State Debate in St. George. They will be going as far as Cedar City and then deciding if they will be coming home over Bear Valley. BTW - they took state!

John and Peggy said...

Debate? Is that like arguing? It looks like McKenna inherited more than her looks from her mother!

Gilbert said...

Hey, we had some serious wind and rain here in St. Geo. today. It was coming from the north. And they had white out conditions up in Veyo. Even had some snow flurries too. Just try loading bags of steer manure in gale force winds! Bad enough when its just a regular day. Had to move the BBQ grills into the store or they would have rolled over to the hospital parking lot. Anyway it made for an exciting work day.

Elizabeth said...

Okay, okay, I know you have had more than your share of stormy, cold, snowy winter weather there. I can't complain too loudly huh? It was 20 degrees out today and standing in the sun outside the storefront windows made me wonder why I was wearing my coat. I will be down the end of April though, and I hope by then that you all will have that nasty weather behind you.