Sunday, August 14, 2011

Photo Quiz #37 (Answered)





Christmas, 19??


Thought I'd throw in an easy one here. And I don't even want to know who is in the picture, I already know. Just two questions on this quiz:

Fabulous prize* - What time of year was this photo taken?

Bonus prize** - Who painted the picture hanging on the wall?




*Fabulous Prize - A little metal medallion from Golden Spike National Monumentyou can put on you hiking staff (three hand brads included!).




Bonus Prize - Ditto.






OK, here's the answers. First of all, as Andy so adeptly pointed out, I inadvertantly answered the first question by labeling the picture. I wrote the Quiz a few months ago and saved it as a draft. When I finally finished and posted it, I didn't proofread it carefully and ended up giving the first question away! I also didn't ask for the specific year (I meant to). Anyway, Andy did answer correctly and so wins the Fabulous prize.


He also wins the second (identical) prize for naming the painter of the painting. A little trivia note: Paula has moved back to Kanab and now lives in the home she grew up in, right next door to Nancy, who also lives in the house she grew up in!


6 comments:

Andy said...

Technically speaking, you answered the first question which states "what time of year..." by saying it was Christmas. There are a couple of question marks after 19 as in 19?? but you didn't ask in the form of a question "what year was this taken?" I know, I'm being pain in the ***.

If I were to assume you meant what year, I'd hazard a guess at 1980. I guess Jared could be about to turn 4. Maybe, 1981 but that would be giving two answers for the same implied question. Harvey Judd painted the picture.

Elizabeth said...

The year was 1982, and Harvey Judd painted the picture. Nice mustaches John and Andy! Wow! Mom and Dad were just starting out with the grandchildren count. Our 11th will be here in two days (Bob's).

Andy said...

1982, Jared could be a little older. Sam sure is small, but that's normal, right? (sorry Sam!)

Anonymous said...

Christmas 1982. And yes, Harvey Judd did the painting. The painting is from a black and white photo that Grandpa and Grandma Heaton had. What ever happened to that photo?

Andy said...

I knew it came from a pic. but didn't know whose it was. Would be cool to find it.

Anonymous said...

I remember the picture in Grandma's and Grandpa's house before they added that little room off the kitchen.

John, Andy technically picked the year 3 times. The picture was taken Christmas 1982, because I didn't get home from my mission until March 1982.