Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If You Could Hie To Kolob

The other day I needed to go to St. George to pick Peggy up when she returned from visiting her sister. I also needed to take some of Matt's stuff to him in Cedar. I left a little early because I've always wanted to the drive the Kolob Road. A couple of years ago I tried from the Cedar side, but ran into snow on top and had to abort the attempt. This was a perfect opportunity to try again.

After driving to Virgin via Hurricane, I started up toward the colorful rocks of Zion Canyon and environs.





Sometimes pictures don't need a lot of words.




After topping out the scenery changes from the red and white rocks and pinyons and cedars and ponderosas of Zion country to the grays and firs and spruces and quakies and meadows of Cedar Mountain. Past Kolob Reservoir I came to a fork in the road and went left. Later I discovered if I had done that I would've come out east of Cedar on 14. By going left...............


....I ended up here, looking over Kanaraville.


A very steep road descended the mountain, dumping me out just north of Kanaraville, about 10 miles south of Cedar.


1 comment:

Gilbert said...

Looks like you had a nice trip, John.