I've been fortunate to home teach a wonderful couple for many years. The husband has had some serious health problems for quite some time now and just seems to go from crisis to crisis. The resulting struggle for a return to even minimal health has been a long and frustrating one. Through it all he's still maintained a sense of humor as evidenced by his remark to me the other day: "John," he said, referencing the hymn Put Your Shoulder To The Wheel, "it's hard hard to put your shoulder to the wheel, when the shoulder's broken and the wheel's falling apart!"
Recently he underwent yet another life-threatening surgical procedure and thankfully, his outlook seems brighter. I certainly hope and pray so, for his attitude and example is something that gives me a boost some days.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the strength and love his wife has shown during all of this. The strength and love she has shown, while enduring her own health problems, is surely one of the best examples of Christ-like love I have personally witnessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment