Big points* to whoever identifies the make, model and year of the vehicle. I realize that there is not a lot to go on here, but memory and imagination will have to do.*Big points = Fabulous prize. This time it is
Ok, time to respond to the answers and declare a winner (sort of).
The car was* indeed and 1963 Pontiac Star Chief. Remember when cars had big, wide bench seats with lap belts that were seldom used? Note to self: I need to get the seat belts fixed on the truck. The GMC has lap belts (1969, remember) but I bought some shoulder belts to install.
*Was? Maybe still is! It would be neat to think it was still around. After all, if Andy did indeed spot it years ago, maybe it fell into the hands of an old-car lover or restorer.
Now Rachel, we know you're young, but surely not that young. The 'K' was always made out of whitewashed rocks up until 15 or so years ago. But then again, maybe it's 25 years or so now!
Now to the question of the winner. Sharon got two out of three and almost got the third, Star Chief. She might have been thinking of a Pontiac Firebird. Andy made the right call on the name, and so, in Solomon-like wisdom, I will award 2/3 of the prize to Sharon and the remaining third to Andy. See below.
Before:
After:
I swear I don't know how these pictures load and how to position them and all that stuff. Just bear with me on this.
11 comments:
Pontiac, Fire Chief, 1963. It was taken at the old house. And I have no idea who the 3 boys in the front are. (just kidding).
Wow! Does that picture bring back memories. About the car I mean. Don't remeber why we are all dressed up for.
Think Sharon has this one in the bag.
You dog Sharon, I've been checking all day today and I miss it! Good memory though. By the way, I think I saw that car when I was visiting a friend in Carmel, California about 20 yrs. ago. Same color, same reupholstered seats that dad had had done. What are the odds.? It was parked on the side of the road. I briefly wondered if I could pull of stealing it.
I was just thinking though, wasn't it a Star Chief, not Fire Chief? 1963 is the right year though.
I remember it being a Star Chief. I didn't know that Dad had the upholstery done in it. It was back before the seat belt laws and we stuffed the seat belts down the back seat.
Andy, you are probably right on the Star Chief. I just remember the emblem.
Once again my older siblings take the prize, I have no recollection of said car, boys standing in front of it (until they were much, much, much older) and nor will I ever have the priveledge of riding in said car. I do however remember stuffing the seatbelts down in grandpa's cadillac!
Rachel, The only grandpa that you know that had a Cadillac was your dad...
Oops, Sorry, I thought it was grandpa's. That reddish one. Anyways, I started looking at the K on the hill! Looks like it was almost made out of rocks! Was it?
It was grandpa and grandma Heaton's, but it was a Buick Electra.
Yes, the K was made out of rocks and they were white washed by the high school seniors every year.
Post a Comment