Sunday, February 6, 2011

Photo Quiz #26 (Answered)


It's been awhile since I sent prizes out (I got lazy, or busy, or both) but I'll try to return to form with this Photo Quiz. There will only be one Fabulous Prize* and the winner is required to name the individual shown, location of said individual, and what he's doing. Specificity is the key word here, folks, and I will use my usual arbitrary standards to determine the winner.

*Fabulous Prize - A little, tiny, miniature briefcase. It's kinda cool.

Winner to be announced about 5-7 days after posting of Quiz.

OK, ok, good comments all. Yes, this is Gilbert shooting a .36 Colt Navy replica black powder revolver. It is cap and ball, which means each of the six cylinders are loaded with powder, wad, and lead ball, and then fitted with a percussion cap before firing. The amount of smoke is a giveaway for black powder. Location is SB Point (kudos to Andy) but I'm a little fuzzy as to when. I want to say the late 70s but it might have been after we moved back from Cleveland. One thing I do remember is that it's a heckuva long ways out there!

5 comments:

Gilbert said...

Just got home from work to watch the last 4 minutes of the Super Bowl. Must have been a good game.

Anyway, here goes as far as a guess.

I will say the the subject is me. I only base that on is the shooter looks like he is shooting left handed. And I was skinny once, a long time ago. The shirt and belt look familiar.

Where it is at? All I can say it is out in the hills somewhere. Maybe out on the Strip or out by the Sands, But that is just a guess.

And is that your cap and ball pistol?

Gilbert said...

I guess I should have said that the person in the picture is shooting what I think is your cap and ball pistol.

Gilbert said...

Me, again. I will say we are out on the Strip, but where? I don't know unless we're out by the rim.

Anonymous said...

I would also say it is Gilbert. I would say out on the Arizona Strip, I would say out by Mt. Trumball and Gilbert is shooting a six shooter.

Andy and Andrea said...

I ditto the above, not too sure what kind of gun it is, though it does look familiar. Sure looks like the Strip to me also, somewhere near the rim seeing what can be made out of the background through the smoke and trees. Maybe Sunshine? Thought of SB point also, but hard to pin down when so little sensory information is available.

As an added comment, "Oh what fleeting youth gone and spent, with hair and body never to be recoverd..." And Gilbert, not just you, I'm right in line, even beat you on the hair, or lack thereof. (Quotation marks added by author.)