Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photo Quiz #28

Boy, up to #28 on the Photo Quizes. I've kind of run out of steam on the prizes* and such, but I still have a few pictures laying around that to me are interesting anyway so I'll probably keep on with the Quizes, for a while anyway.

*It's tough keeping track of Fabulous prizes, Bonus prizes, etc. Maybe I should just get some ribbons or stickers.

So anyway, for the photo above: Who, Where, and What.

Sidetrail: At our Bishop's Fireside the other night the speaker was talking the youth about journals. Ho-hum, you might think, but this guy kept it short, made it interesting, and in general did a really good job with a somewhat difficult subject. He is the head of the Kanab Field Office of the BLM and talked to us about his reasons for keeping extensive journals. First, he wanted his children and grandchildren to know about him and what he did and why. Another reason was to clarify in his mind that events that occured to him. His journal is more event-based and not a day-to-day diary. He included drawings and sketches and photos and such.

Anyway, I encourage all of you to do the same. It doesn't have to be like him, or like me. But just leave something for posterity. I have this blog and another, private blog that has sort of taken the place of the journal I used to write in. End of lesson.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Grandpa Heaton, Elizabeth, and we are in the garden at Moccasin. It looks like we must be picking tomatoes ... or just smiling for the camera.

Gilbert said...

Elizabeth has it. Yep, ya two must be picking tomatoes, I can see a bucket just behind Grandpa. And you can still see the old drain pipe from the kichen sink. Must have been taken in the early 70's.

Anonymous said...

Yup, Elizabeth and Grandpa Heaton in the tomato patch. Nice overalls.

Andy and Andrea said...

So Elizabeth, can you pin point the year? A little shorter hair it looks like (and I'm not talking about grandpa). Did you ever have that short of hair in HS?