Saturday, February 12, 2011

Photo Quiz #27 (Guest Quiz)


This great picture was submitted by Gilbert* and so I'll let him set the rules** and moderate this Photo Quiz through the comments.
*There ought to be a prize for submitting pictures but there's not. Just recognition and validation (which is all we really want anyway, right? Seriously, if anyone has any pictures or ideas, just email them to me and I'll be glad to post them. Or give them to Mom, which is what Gilbert did.
**Rules? What rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Gilbert, I don't know what you want, but here it goes.

Sitting: Gilbert and Tony Boy
Standing: Andy, Ron, Darlene, Sharon, Elizabeth, and Doug hold Laura Ann.

We are at Grandma and Grandpa Heaton's house and I can still remember the sourdough crock pot and the shelf hanging on the wall.

It looks like Tony's Birthday we're celebrating. And Elizabeth got conked on the forehead by the swing at Vernon Worthen Park.

Elizabeth said...

Wow Sharon you are good. Look at that stack of bread on the table, looks like it took the whole loaf to feed us all. I was saved from stitches by the butterfly bandage. I had that scar for a long time, now it's hidden by a wrinkle, he!he!he!

Andy and Andrea said...

For some reason that whack on the forehead Elizabeth got stands out in my memory. Maybe it was those great wood seats the swings had (and that provided such a good whack!) that they just don't have anymore.

I'm thinking the picture was around 1966, seeing as I don't have glasses, and I don't think I'm much younger than 8 there.

What say you Gilbert, what was the intended message to be found in the picture?

John and Peggy said...

While we're waiting for Gilbert to chime in here let me say that Gilbert gave the picture to mom and she gave it to me and I didn't tell him when it would be up. Probably the overwhelming awesomeness of it all is still settling in.

Like Elizabeth, one of the things I noticed was the stack of bread. One of the things we've noticed since everyone started leaving is how much longer a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread goes now!

Gilbert said...

Sorry about not getting on here sooner. Tried to the other day, but I guess my comment didn't take, and its' been inventory time for the past two weeks, so have been getting ready for that and re-counting what the outside inventory guys messed up on.

I just thought is was a cool picture of most of us. (don't know where John was). And I can't remember Eliz getting hit in the head either. Looked like to fancy headband to me.